Pages

Picture

Picture

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

random thoughts on a gloomy day

It's muggy and rainy here in Wild, Wonderful West-by-God today. Dark rainy days remind me of being a kid in grade school. The days when it was cold and rainy in the early autumn, and the teachers would turn on those big overhead lights that looked like ice cube trays, I would always feel like I was in another little world, all safe and warm. I'd look up from my schoolwork in the bright room and see out the windows the dark and rain pouring down. I hated rainy days back then - seemed like it always rained on the days of the school field trips or when my family was going to the pool for the day. Now, I like them, look forward to them. I especially like when thunder wakes me up at night and the cats are curled at my feet in bed. I still have that feeling of safe harbor, that I'm protected somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment