Pages

Picture

Picture

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Here's my story: I was downsized - ugly word, isn't it?- on March 1, 2010. I guess I'm a little luckier than most because I snagged a job with the census right off the bat. Cool, right? Sure, except it's a short term solution - these jobs weren't meant to last forever. But it's a good way to keep myself busy and earn a little money.

I'm not a kid any more, either. I'm in my early 50's (which is a challenge all by itself) and have an unusual family situation. If you're also unemployed, you probably have the same feelings I do - anger, sadness, worry about what's going to happen next - and dealing with it all can feel as futile as emptying the ocean a teaspoon at a time.

I decided to start a blog because I can feel my brain getting mushy from lack of stimulation. So i figured I'd start this and challenge myself to write something here every day. I can't promise it will be great literature, but I'll try to make it marginally interesting, and not rant too much about the injustice of it all. So, thanks for checking this out, hope you come back!

4 comments:

  1. hi please share some of your valuable tips as u seem like an experienced person ,we all want to get out of this rut!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Blog! I started a blog here too - but that was way back in March I think - I was so depressed I stopped writing... I enjoyed reading your blog and will be back to read more. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, I'm so glad you found this! I just did a new post with some stuff that's helping me get thru this whole challenge. Feel free to add to the list!

    ReplyDelete