Pages

Picture

Picture

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Back to Work

I may have to change the name of this blog, as I am once again gainfully employed. Woot! I started 3 weeks ago. It's a call center job - not my favorite, but it's A JOB. It's a better commute than my last full time job and pays almost as much. And they give quarterly bonuses based on clear cut performance standards. So, there's that.

I'm still nervous about it, though. I now know that any job can be erased at a moment's notice, on a management whim (or so it seems) and so there's a small voice in my heart whispering, "keep looking...don't get too comfy...just ...DON'T"

I'll be working an afternoon shift - 10:45am to 8pm Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday and 10am-3pm on Saturdays, Wednesdays off. based on my experience there of 3 weeks, the call volume is slow in the afternoons, and drops even more after 5pm. I'm gonna regret saying this, I'm sure, but it seems fairly easy so far.

Hope I don't have to eat those words....

No comments:

Post a Comment